Mar 27, 2012

Early Spring

We're having a very early Spring, this year.  Everything is blooming, including the things we usually don't see until April or early May. 




My Wisteria will be finished blooming in a few days more, and the Forsythia is already leafing out.  The Redbuds are blazing all around, and the Dogwoods are blooming.  I can't believe we aren't still in for another freeze, but with temps in the 70's, it's hard to imagine.




We leave tomorrow for a trip to visit our first Grandchild.  He lives in Fukuoka, Japan, so this will be a big adventure for us.  Our son moved to Japan when he graduated from UCLA, and has lived there for the last 22 years.  He and his wife, who is Japanese, welcomed a baby boy in January.  It's hard having family so far away, so this will be a joyful visit, with the big plus of a baby to meet and cuddle.


I'll be available by email during our travels, and keeping an eye on my Etsy shop, which will stay open for business.  I hope to have some fun photos to share along the way.  We return April 9.


Happy Spring, from the Dog and me.

3 comments:

  1. Jan, I wish you a wonderful tour, how exiting, dear-I understand you are so happy to go see them all.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!! Congratulations on your new grandchild and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwaaaaaa ! My wisteria is in year 8 and still hasn't bloomed .
    Love the pics . (-:
    Deb

    ReplyDelete